I am a self-taught color photographer born in Differdange, Luxembourg in 1972. I late-started photography in 2011 during a first trip to Denver, Colorado. Drawing from multiple US road trips & various roadmovies, I seek contemplation, beauty as well as light, colour and emotion in both urban landscapes and their people.
Art is critical to my sense of my own humanity – art cannot feed me, shelter me, or cure physical illness, but it is critical to my sense. I am convinced it embodies my ideas, emotions, sensibilities … in fact who I am as a person and how I have grown as a person through many years.
For those of you interested my visual inspiration comes from both photographers and movies. The photographers that continue to inspire me are Todd Hido and William Eggleston with their minimalistic self-telling colour compositions. Movies like Sicario, Sin Nombre, No Country for Old Men or Wind River just to name a few, make me feel the physical emotions of the nature represented in the various scenes.
I have been a founding member of the Street Photography Luxembourg collective of streetphotographers until 2015 https://streetphoto.lu/collective/.
- October 8th 2015, Rotondes, Luxembourg
- November 12th 2014-January 2015, LGE, Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
- September 19th-20th 2014, KUFA Urban Art Festival 2014, Kulturfabrik, Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
- July 27th, 2014, “Slide night” with Streetphotography Luxembourg collective, Bouneweger Stuff, Luxembourg
- December 16th-18th, 2013 “Fotoausstellung”, Centre polyvalent, Schoos, Luxembourg
- December 7th, 2013 “Street night” with Streetphotography Luxembourg collective, Cafe Brigitte, Grund, Luxembourg
- October 5th, 2013 “Creatives Rising” – New York City, 26-19 Jackson Ave., Long Island City, New York
- July 25th 2013 – September 10th – “The Story of the Creative” – International Exhibition – See.Me Gallery, New York City
Awards & competitions
- January 2013 – Alice in Wonderland – Winner at the Photo.fr Le plus grand concours photo du monde 2012 – Edition 496 of Photo.fr Magazine – https://candicarrera.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/9f9a57041.jpg
- September 2012 – Barcelona metro girl photo in World Photography Organisation (WPO) Favourites September 2012 – https://candicarrera.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/9f9a3948.jpg